Building B owned by Silesia Business Park complex received a use permit. Thus, the first investment of Skanska Property Poland on the market in Katowice is at the halfway stage. Moreover, the realization of the third from four envisaged stages within the investment is currently being continued.
Building B owned by the complex in Katowice was commissioned 14 months before commencement of construction works. Capgemini decided to rent 5600 sq. m of office area in the building in February this year. In result, the office is commercialized in 50 per cent at the moment of commission. The tenant will move into its new headquarters at the end of the year. Almost 1000 employees of the Infrastructure Services team, which is responsible for service and optimization of IT infrastructure, will be working in the building.
Silesia Business Park will be a business complex composed of four structures class A which will jointly offer 48 000 sq. m of office area certified in the LEED system at the Gold level. The lease area of each 12-tier building will amount to 12 000 sq. m.
It is worth mentioning that structures A and B owned by Silesia Business Park were purchased by fund managed by Swedish investor Niam in October this year. The sale of the buildings A and B confirms that Katowice has a potential to attract big companies which may become important employers in the region, and funds which eagerly invest in office properties on this market – says Mariusz Krzak. The sale transaction of four office buildings – two in Katowice and two in Cracow (Axis and Kapelanka 42 A) was the biggest one on the office market in Central and Eastern Europe this year as well as the biggest one in the history of Skanska in this region.