Taking place in Warsaw's Centrum Nauki Kopernik, Green Building Symposium was an official conference on the topic of sustainable construction. The two-day meeting gathered many representatives from areas related to construction industry.
- We're evaluating not only the environmental aspect. Jury includes people connected with certification, environmental engineering, specialists and consultants, engineers, architects. We're counting on that ecological and standing out environmentally solutions will also distinguish themselves in aesthetics and hence attract grater attention - said before announcing the awards Rafał Schuma, PLGBC's president.
Below we present PLGBC AWARDS 2012 laureates and the works they submitted for the competition:
1. Best ecological building with a pre-certificate (LEED, DGNB, BREEAM Interim Stage)
A group of 7 multifunctional buildings ALCHEMIA in Gdańsk ( LEED C&S PLATINUM pre-certification). The award is given to the investor: TORUS SP Z O.O. SP. K., designer: studio APA Wojciechowski
2. Best completed ecological buildingd without certification.
FIS-SST company's office building in Gliwice, design: ZALEWSKI Architecture Group
below is the building's photo from project submitted to the contest
3. Best ecological project
School complex in Marki, CJK ARCHITEKCI (arch. Maciej Chlebuś, arch. Wojciech Jasiński, arch Piotr Kuś, arch. Bohdan Słomski, Ludomir Duda)
below a visualisation submitted for the contest
Distinction: Office Building AQUARIUM in Gliwice, design: ZALEWSKI Architecture Group
below is the building's design submitted for the contest
4. Best student ecological project
Award: "Revitalization of brownfield sites for the use of a sustainable residential complex in Nottingham", author: Agnieszka Oślak, supervisor: Dr. Eng. Arch. Anna Bać
5. Best proecological initiative in a company - involvement in ecological construction
Award: „Jasna szkoła – prosta sprawa!” Initiative: Philips Lighting
6. „Green” Developer of the Year
Award: UBM Polska Ltd. (Poleczki Business Park - precertificate LEED Gold, Alma Tower in Cracow applying for LEED Gold/Platinum certificate)
7. „Green” Architect of the Year
Award: APA Wojciechowski (Centrum Handlowe Quantum in Warsaw, office building complex „The Park” in Warsaw, Centrum Handlowe in Wilanów, Business Garden Wrocław, Centrum Handlowe Factory Warszawa Annopol)
8. „Green” Product of the Year
Award: Cement TioCem® , Górażdże Cement S.A.
Award: Suspended ceiling system CoolZone, Armstrong company
below we present the product's board submitted for the contest:
The event's media patron was partal e-biurowce.pl