A ceremonial opening of a new structure owned by Science and Technology Park „Technopark Gliwice” was held on 23rd September this year in Gliwice. The ceremony was hosted by Chairman of Technopark Gliwice professor Jan Kosmol. Moreover, President of Gliwice Zygmunt Frankiewicz and rector of Silesian University of Technology professor Andrzej Karbownik took part in the event.
A three-tier building has 1000 sq. m and it is composed of complexly equipped office rooms with the size amounting to 20-60 sq. m. First tenants moved into the headquarters on 1st August this year. 11 companies found their registered offices here. The largest group are incubated enterprises. Furthermore, the list of tenants also includes companies which cooperate with Silesian University of Technology as well as consulting companies, the aim of which is to incubate ideas of universities and search for financial support for them.
The newly opened structure owned by Technopark Gliwice has a certified ECDL computer laboratory. A co-working zone was created in the building for companies which are making their first steps in business. It is the common zone for work which is currently used by 8 companies. Moreover, all tenants have a common kitchen and exclusive car park at their disposal.