The DESIGN: SPACE competition is aimed at developers whose investments correspond to ecological current of designing. The organizers point out that balanced and socially responsible designing and investing refer to each field of economy and include enterprises which are being realized in the spirit of recycling and upcycling, energy-saving and passive buildings, and designing of area which is friendly to people and environment.
I believe that my initiative will allow to promote developers whose investments bring economic gains and profits to environment and society: improve quality of life, aesthetics of public space and create a place for environment in a city – said the Minister Maciej H. Grabowski.
Such enterprises may be submitted to the DESIGN: SPACE competition.
The submitted investments will be judged in accordance with following criteria:
- the way of development concerning public space with particular consideration of green area,
- applied ecological solutions, including those which use the saving of resources, renewable energy sources, possible certificates,
- coherence with urbanistic context – urbanistic and architectural context in case of sustainable development, functionality, choice of material.
DESIGN: SPACE is a great occasion to promote the environment which is eco-friendly to developers. Moreover, the registration on the organizer’s website is necessary in order to take part in the competition. The entry forms may be sent till 11th May 2015. The participation is free.
The entry forms will be judged by a chapter which will be composed of:
- experts from architecture and development of space,
- representatives of institutions related to ecology and designing,
- experts from real estate market.
The gala will take place during the Fifth European Financial Congress in Sopot on 22-24th June 2015. The laureates are going to receive statuettes from the Minister of the Environment.