Construction works contracts are one of the most complicated contracts defined in the civil code, fulfilling their terms frequently causes a number of conflicts between the clients. Before the contractor is selected, it is worth to learn how to prepare a contract so that it would properly protect the interests of the client.
Workshops, which will take place on December 6th and 7th in Polonia Palace Hotel in Warszawa, will be a platform to exchange current information about various aspects of construction contracts. The workshops are organized by Informedia Poland company.
The programme of the event includes:
- Negotiations of the contract conditions, schedules, warrantees and payments – what we should be careful about and how can we protect ourselves
- Joint and several liability of the participants of the building process – real examples
- Taxation consequences of withdrawal from the construction works contract
- Solving conflicts resulting from construction works contracts
- The most important provisions in FIDIC contracts – legal analysis
During the workshops you will learn:
- How can a subcontractor/supplier ensure the right to claim remuneration from the investor
- What types of contracts are bound by joint and several liability of the investor and the general contractor to subcontractors/suppliers.
- What is the legal position of the Contract Engineer to the contractor
- What are the taxation consequences of withdrawing from a contract
- How to shorten the duration of the contract negotiations
- What circumstances exempt from liability for failure to meet the deadline
The worksops kindly invite:
- employees of companies which perform in the construction process;
- employees of companis which finance construction works;
- employees and managers of property, legal, investments, agreements and planning departments
Each guest will receive a personal certificate confirming participating in the workshops.