“Cloud computing has the potential to slash users' IT expenditure and to enable many new services to be developed. Using the cloud, even the smallest firms can reach out to ever larger markets while governments can make their services more attractive and efficient even while reining in spending” – Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, Brussels, 27.09.2012.
The European Commission talked in Brussels about the huge potential of cloud computing as soon as in September 2012. Nowadays, the “cloud” is applied in more and more sectors, and its popularity is constantly growing. In spite of the continuing doubts over the security of storing data in the cloud, companies decide to use this model with the purpose of reducing costs.
Cloud Computing is not only the technology, it is creation of new business models.
You are welcome to take part in the next edition of the meeting
“Cloud Computing – Business in the cloud”
on 25th of February in Kraków
The main aim of the meeting is to discuss myths and facts about the cloud, and to present interesting examples of cloud application in various sectors.
On one side, there will be service providers, on the other side – independent experts–practitioners who use cloud computing in their companies.
The meeting will be followed by a panel discussion, summarising the conference.
- the cloud – facts and myths
- security of storing date in the cloud
- adjusting the cloud model to the needs of the company
- cloud computing – the way of optimising costs of security in the cloud
- infrastructure as a service
- platform as a service
- software as a service
- communications as a service
- colocation services
- from virtualisation to infrastructure of cloud computing
- services in the private cloud model
- services in the public cloud model
- services in the hybrid cloud model
- legal aspects
- managers and directors dealing with business and infrastructure development, responsible for security and storage of data, as well as management of data centres in the company
- project managers
- persons responsible for security, dependability, and accessibility of resources in the company
- heads of IT and security departments
- persons responsible for reducing costs and optimisation of the company's resources
- management counselors
The participation is free for the above-mentioned persons.
For all other persons, including providers of services, IT and technological solutions, there is a fee of 1000 PLN + 23%VAT per person.
Link to the web-page: http://www.multitrain.pl/home/kalendarium/cloud-computing.htm
Places are limited, applicants will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis.